For each question answer Yes or No.
1) You can’t help but wonder what other people are thinking and often put yourself in their shoes.
2) You can synthesize meandering conversations and clarify a point so much so that when you repeat it people understand and agree.
3) You are uplifting and enjoy being a cheerleader for a cause. You are typically upbeat and have been told that you have a presence or charisma.
4) You really enjoy “getting through” to people with colorful language. You like to connect, get on the same wavelength and have people skills. Relationships are important to you.
5) You are a good skimmer. You are able to take something complex and simplify and articulate it in plain language.
6) You enjoy opposing points of view and questions without getting defensive and making your point without flaring up. You can play devils and angel advocate.
7) You are resilient. You lean towards the glass is half full view.
8 ) You’ve joined Toastmaster’s or improvisation class, been in the debate club, performed in a class play or danced competitively. You like to get out there and you don’t mind looking like fool.
9) You are the unofficial leader that people look towards when they are confused.
10) You have stick-to-it-ness. You get behind yourself and hang in there even when it feels like you are going uphill—and you adjust and re-adjust as you go.
Tally up & give yourself 2 points for every Yes and 1 point for every No.
18+ You have it. You are naturally gifted and enjoy improving yourself. So why take this quiz, because with the right product or service you should be bringing in the bucks—with ease. If you aren’t– weed out time wasters; keep up your natural chops with practice, polish and refinement. Peer pressure, support or accountability will keep you on track and on your toes. You can get a boost using another pair of eyes and ears. Max out your motivation with short term coaching 1:1 Coaching, if you like special attention and challenges.
15-17 You have the raw talent with a need to communicate and you are a people person. Perhaps you haven’t been totally intentional with your efforts. If you haven’t done so already gather healthy, supportive people around you to help you reach your goals. Hone your talent and the world can’t help but notice you and you will be able to increase your income substantially as you take this skill more seriously. The Sales Makeover can help you identify where you bungle things and will also jump-start your focus and enthusiasm. Our 5 Hat method processes will kick your talents up a notch.
12-14 You are halfway there. You are self-aware which is critical to change. With desire and the determination to reframe your beliefs about selling you can improve, connect and prosper more. Embrace the idea of selling in a way you can feel good about. You can build momentum by signing up for our Bite Sized Bits and receive tips and inspiration in nugget form that will help you enjoy the notion of selling.
10 or less. All is not lost! You are smart and probably more internal. You research and like to know the “why” and “how” of things. Since you know what you ought to be doing, you might resist seeking help. Seek out others who know more than you and enlisting their expertise will open a new world for you. Just be sure you feel a resonance.
Meanwhile, on your own you can try out new behaviors and be willing to feel uncomfortable for a while as you practice and you will eventually improve. Good news is that you don’t have to be an uber extrovert to be a good seller. To prove to yourself that you can tell well-try remembering the “wins” you’ve had persuading others—kids, friends, PTA or your book club. Learning soft selling basics will be a relief. Later, you can always hire someone else to represent you. To begin to build some fire by signing up for free Bite Sized Bits and pick up one of our Complimentary Reports. We are here to help you!